Friday, 31 May 2013

White-tailed Spiders



KWL CHART


Before you begin your research, list details in the first two columns. Fill in the last column after completing your research.
What I am learning:
white-tailed spiders


What I know
What I want to learn
What I learned
  • White-tailed spiders are really poisonous.


  • White-tailed spiders have eight legs.


  • White-tailed spiders live in Australia.


  • Daddy long legs can eat White-tailed spiders.








  • How does the White-tailed spider kill living things with its poison?


  • What do White-tailed spiders eat?


  • What colours are White-tailed spiders?


  • Are Daddy long legs Relatives of White-tailed spiders?


  • Do White-tailed lay eggs?

  • White-tailed spiders bite living things to kill them


  • White-tailed spiders eat other spiders


  • White-tailed spiders like dark spaces


  • The white-tailed spider has a dark gray body with orange brown around its legs








My Reading Reflection

I have been learning to find and summarise information in a non-fiction text.  My reading group read a book about white-tailed spiders.  We created a slideshow about what we learnt.  I found it difficult because it was hard to make the slideshow.  My next step is to summarise the information in my own words.

No comments: